Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FORWARD thinking, BACK to Scool!

RE-
pref.
1. Again; anew: rebuild.


I received a request from a friend of mine last week to make a "REusable sandwich baggie". At the time, I had never heard of it but told my friend I would look it up and get back to her. I must've been living under a rock all this time.... well, more like a landfill! What I found were these great little lined cloth baggies that you can use over and over again, saving yourself a little money and the earth of all that pesky, unwanted plastic!
So, I set out.... scouring the fabric stores for a thin, plastic backed fabric lining and some fun, fabulous fabrics for my friend.... phew! A few hours later I had come up with my version of a nifty little idea! So, with a few hours at my machine and some photos and status updates to my Betsy's Drawers facebook page, we had ourselves a little following!
With "Back-to-School" upon us, this idea couldn't have come at a better time! I, myself, use an ungodly amount of plastic baggies every day. And every day, I throw out an ungodly amount... along with the money I spent on them! I am really excited to send my kids to school with their new fandangled reusable baggies... let's hope some of their classmates go home and beg their moms and dads for their very own Betsy's Drawers reusable sandwich and snack baggies!
As in all of my spur of the moment ventures, I have fallen in love with this idea (thanks again, Kelli!) and the reusable sandwich and snack baggies are officially listed on the Betsy's Drawers Etsy shop site. They are available in 2 sizes... a sandwich size, approximately 7"X6" and a snack size, approximately 6"X4". Most items listed are currently in stock, but I always welcome custom orders... just post a message to me through the Betsy's Drawers facebook page or email me at betsysdrawers@sbcglobal.net

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment